Administrative and Office Management Intern
The general Administrative intern will provide support in overall office administrative tasks along with some logistical support as needed. The Admin intern is expected to commit minimum of 10 hours per week to do following admin tasks:
1. General Administrative Task for the Office
As an administrative Intern for GROOTS International and the Huairou Commission (HC), the intern will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Updating Constant Contact and the general Contacts Database
• Support the Administrative Department with office inventory list
• Assisting the Office Administrator in her daily activities
2. Under the guidance of the Administrative associate and supervision of the GROOTS/HC focal point the admin intern will provide backup assistance for following logistical arrangements hosted or participated by either Huairou Commission or GROOTS International during the period of the internship such as:
• purchasing plane tickets, keep track of tickets information; make logistics list and trouble shoot if/when necessary;
• creating excel sheets to organize participant list;
• creating labels, creating name tags;
• creating information and meeting packets, and other necessary supplies;
• registration people for any upcoming events accompanying participants to UN meetings in New York as needed
3. Provide support in any other tasks requested by the Huairou Commission Chair and/or the GROOTS International Global Facilitator.
The HUAIROU COMMISSION-GROOTS International run a flexible office, understanding that neither people's neither lives nor the nature of our development work fit into a neat schedule. However, there are certain expectations that go along with employment in the office. Under these Terms of Reference, the full-time contract worker agrees to:
• Abide by our Basic Agreements
• Share reasonable responsibility for operation of the office and take part in development of the Secretariat and office as necessary (including filing, databases, etc.)
• Abide by an agreed upon schedule and give reasonable notice when that schedule needs to be altered due to vacation, etc.
To apply, please send resume and letter of interest to Sabrina Salahuddin.