A Summary of Our Overall Achievements
- Regular self representation of grassroots women in global conferences such as the World Urban Forum, the UN Commission on Status of Women, UNISDR Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction, International and Regional AIDS Conferences, etc. HC has a significant global presence and recognition as an international coalition to bring grassroots women to the center stage of development.
- Strategic partnerships with nearly forty donors and policy institutions (UN agencies, bilateral donors, INGOs, research and policy organizations and private donors).
- HC is open and inclusive in its approach to work across diverse groups and contexts, ensuring grassroots women are driving the processes that lead to change in their communities.
- Contributing to the development of tools of learning, exchange and engagement such as community mapping, local to local dialogues, peer learning exchanges, and grassroots academies
- Enhancing the capacity of grassroots women’s groups to lead sustainable development action on the ground.
- The Grassroots Academy methodology won the Dubai Best Practices Award in 2006. Organized as a pre-event at the venue of World Urban Forums and other regional or global policy meetings, these Academies have been recognized by many as a powerful way of demonstrating grassroots women’s work on the ground and their implications for global policy making and programming initiatives.
- Participated in the creation of UN Women.